It’s been one of those days, y’all. The kind where you look at the clock and what you’ve gotten accomplished and wonder what happened. I had such high hopes for today, finish my daughter’s Halloween costume for Disneyland, clean the kitchen, do some laundry. Don’t even get me started on what’s for dinner…
It’s a pizza kind of day guys.
Tuesdays around here are insanely busy with work, school, dance class… it’s hard to keep up. So we started a new tradition in our home called Pizza Tuesdays. Whether we make it, order it, or pick up a ready to go one on the way home, knowing that we have dinner handled on Tuesdays makes my life just a tiny bit easier.
So for a bit of a change I wanted to share a recipe I made for Pizza Monkey Bread. It’s great for snacking, or just makes a fun dinner alternative on busy nights! It’s so easy to make, and you can make it anyway you want!
I think that’s my favorite part. Everyone can get what they want.
I love bringing my kids into the kitchen and teaching them about cooking. It not only helps them appreciate the food they are eating, but it gets their hands dirty and makes them want to eat the food they made. It’s important for me to teach my kids the family recipes and traditions.
I used Ragu sauce in my recipe as the “Pizza Dipping Sauce” because Ragu stems from a family recipe, slowly simmered to add layers of flavor, and contains no artificial flavors, no artificial flavors and no high fructose corn syrup. Plus it’s a lot easier to pop open a jar of sauce than attempt to create my own from scratch. We’re keeping it easy here!
If you’re interested in learning about how the Ragu tradition began, you can watch this video and learn all about Assunta Cantisano and her story!
- 1 can pizza dough
- 4 tbsp butter
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 Jar of Ragu Hearty Traditional Sauce
- Optional - your favorite pizza toppings
- Start by preheating your oven to 400*. Find a medium sized, oven safe glass bowl, and a small one that fits inside. Place the small bowl upside down into the larger bowl. This will be the shape of your monkey bread and the small bowl will be left in to hold your sauce.
- Open your package of pizza dough, and cut them into 2"x2" squares.
- Take each square of pizza dough and fill with cheese and your favorite pizza toppings. Inclose the cheese and toppings inside the dough and make a ball. Place all the pizza balls into another small bowl for later.
- In a small pan melt the butter and add the garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Simmer until fragrant and the garlic is straw colored. Pour this mixture over the dough balls and toss to coat.
- Arrange the dough balls into the prepared oven safe bowl, placing around the smaller bowl.
- Bake for15-20 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with Ragu Hearty Traditional Sauce.