It’s officially fall! Yay! It’s about time right? It seemed like summer would never end. Fall just screams sweaters, boots, trips to the pumpkin patch, scarves and pretty much all things caramel and pumpkin spice. You know, basic white girl stuff.
But this caramel corn? It’s anything but basic. It’s heavenly. It’s sweet and salty and lightly spiced and it’s pretty much the most fantastic thing you could ever want to devour and let your guilt blow away in the rustling leave of fall. You know why? Because fall, that’s why.
It’s a perfect addition to accompany you on a hay ride, or to stash for a snack on a trip to the pumpkin patch. It’s delicious on a cool night, watching a movie marathon, or a great snack to bring to a Halloween party. It’s just the perfect fall treat.
And it’s SO EASY. I mean, really. It would also look amazingly cute, wrapped up as a hostess gift, or even saved to be pulled out for Christmas. It screams everything that is wonderful about this time of year! Can you tell how excited I am yet?
- 10 cups Popped Popcorn ( I used BOOMCHICKAPOP lightly salted popcorn)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 6 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup corn syrup
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- 1 tsp large flake salt, such as Maldon
- Preheat your oven to 250 and prep a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter.
- Add corn syrup and brown sugar and bring to a boil. Stir constantly for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add half the pumpkin pie spice and stir to incorportate.
- Add vanilla and baking soda.
- Pour popcorn onto the baking sheet and remove any seeds.
- Pour the spiced caramel over the top and toss to coat as evenly as possible.
- Put into the oven for an hour, tossing the caramel corn every 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drizzle with the white chocolate.
- Sprinkle remaining pumpkin pie spice and Maldon salt over the top.
- Let cool, break into pieces and serve!
Seriously, this popcorn will make your house smell AMAZINGLY good, so feel free to make it all the time! WARNING : It’s INSANELY addictive. And it’s also Gluten-Free!
Want a chance to win fun stuff?
Head over to the BOOMCHICKAPOP Website for a chance to win some sweet swag! And share your BOOMCHICKAPOP Moments on Social Media with the hashtag #BringTheBoom to be entered to win awesome Halloween kits (complete with Halloween goodies, a $50 Target gift card and free BOOMCHICKAPOP!)