Possibly the best thing about Halloween, after getting to dress up as awesome things, are mini sized versions of your favorite candies. I am such a sucker for teeny tiny Twix Bars and baby Snickers, I can’t even tell you.
Come on now.
But around here, we like to do it up a bit. We like to take the normal and make it a little extra epic, a little extra fancy, a little more, dare I say it? Like whoa? So I have come up with the perfect little Halloween treat to go along with all of your parties, and events and play dates and even those late night Monster Movie Marathons all during the month of October. Are you ready for this?
Halloween Candy Cookie Dough Bites. RIGHT!?
I have a big sweet tooth, maybe you’ve been here before? But around here we love all things dessert and delicious. And so as much as I love my other cookie dough recipes, this one is right up there too because it’s not just cookie dough, it’s loaded with Halloween Candy, cuz sometimes you just need that. Don’t even act like you’ve never been there.
This recipe is so super simple you could whip up a big batch and use up all of that left over (left over!?) Halloween candy in a snap. You just use my recipe below for Cookie Dough Bites Base and then add all the mixins you want. Twix, M&M’s, Snickers, Milky Way, you name it!
You could even go a step further and dip them into melted chocolates and decorate them like your favorite Halloween Monsters like I did. Aren’t these mini mummies precious?
They will look fantastic on the dessert table at your Halloween party, or even as a quick special treat in your kiddo’s lunch box.
Cookie Dough Bites Base Recipe
- 4 Tbsp butter, softened
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup AP Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- Your favorite MARS Halloween Candy, chopped
- In a large bowl mix butter and brown sugar together until incorporated.
- Add baking soda, salt, and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Slowly add the flour ¼ cup at a time, until a large dough ball forms. This is your Cookie Dough Bite Base.
- Separate the Cookie Dough Base into equal parts and mix in your chopped candies.
- Roll the dough into 1" sized balls and place in the fridge to chill and set.
- If you wish to dip them into chocolate, melt chocolate chips over a double boiler (you may need to add shortening to thin for dipping).
- Decorate the Cookie Dough Bites for Halloween and serve!
All of the ingredients in this recipe can be found at your local Kroger store.
Check out some more fun Halloween Inspired fun like my Kid Friendly Monster Party,
Check out more fun Halloween ideas at Kroger’s Inspired Gathering website!
Special Thanks to Kroger for Sponsoring this post.