Here’s a fun story for today… I once made this dip for a family BBQ. I brought it, and told no one what it was other than “Cookie Dough Dip” and served it with some graham crackers. At first my cousins were hesitant, but eventually they dived in and before long the bowl was clean. Everyone wanted the recipe and when I told them the “secret ingredient” they all were totally shocked. They couldn’t believe that cookie dough could be “healthy”.
A similar thing happened while I was preparing this to share with you all. My daughter was hanging around the kitchen, watching me make this dip. It looked a lot like cookie dough, it tasted a lot like cookie dough, but she was hesitant. I let her lick the spoon, and her eyes got wide and she grinned from ear to ear. I handed her an apple slice with a big scoop and she devoured it! She wanted her own bowl, she wanted to eat cookie dough for breakfast. Then I told her what was in it… Are you ready to find out too?
Yup… beans! As in what you make hummus out of! Crazy right? I know.
And if you’re still not convinced, my 3 year old has been begging for more. BEGGING y’all!
What’s better is it’s NO BAKE – just toss everything into a food processor and mix really well. Then add some NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels and serve with anything you’d want to dip into cookie dough!
It makes a fun addition to any party as an appetizer, or just kept in the fridge to satisfy your sweet tooth without really indulging! I seriously crave cookie dough all the time and having this on hand keeps me honest!
Cookie Dough Hummus Dip
- 1 can of garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp butter flavor extract
- ½ cup Oat Flour (Make your own by blending oats in a food processor til fine)
- 2 tsp milk
- ½ cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- Place all ingredients except NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels into a food processor and blend well until very very smooth.
- If the "dough" is too thick, add more milk. If the "dough" is too thin, add more oat flour.
- Once you reach your desired consistency, fold in NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels with a spatula.
- Place in a bowl and serve with fresh fruit or graham crackers.
Easy right? Seriously, so easy.
So, about this Giveaway…
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® $20 PayPal Cash Giveaway!
How to Enter:
- Head over to the NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Pinterest Page and find your favorite recipe!
- Repin that recipe onto one of your own boards using the hashtags #Sweepstakes #NoBake #NestleTollHouse. Don’t forget to tag the brand too @NestleTollHouse
- Come back here and comment below why you picked the recipe and link back to the pin so I can check out the recipe too!
- I’ll pick a winner at random next week!