This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LetsMakeSmores #CollectiveBias #sponsored
Hey Lovelies! Today I am sharing a delicious, ooey, gooey S’mores Mug Cake with you. You know, no big whoop. Oh, did I forget to mention you could be eating this in as a little as 10 minutes? Oh, right. Well you can! Because I love you all so much, and I want you to be happy. And let me let you in on a little a secret, s’mores can make you very happy.
So, maybe not all of us can get to a campfire whenever we want, and we could just toast marshmallows on the stove, but I feel like that’s really not going all out and just going for it, you know what I mean? I mean there are so many recipes all over Pinterest for s’more variations, and I am pretty literally obsessed with them. Come on! Chocolate and marshmallows and graham crackers are pretty epic when you mush them all together and dive in.
So I went about figuring out some things – ONE. How can I eat s’mores without fire? TWO. How can I do it quickly? THREE. Is it OK if I make one for everyone!?
I’m not the hugest fan of mug cakes, but I love mugs and I love cake and although I’ve only tried them a handful of times I decided to make it fancy and try it with s’mores. What else could make a mug cake better besides a toasty marshmallows topping and a graham cracker crust?
Nothing. The answer is nothing.
It’s just so amazing and can be made a few different ways to really up the ante – but I went classic because I had enough trial and errors making this work for y’all.
Feel free to tweak to your liking.
10 Minute S’mores Mug Cake
- 3 tablespoons Honey Maid graham cracker crumbs, plus more for garnish
- 3½ tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup AP flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 milk chocolate Hershey's Bar, broken into pieces
- 5 large Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallows, snipped in half with scissors
- In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of butter and the Hershey's chocolate bar. Microwave for 20 seconds and stir until melted together.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, sugar, cocoa, tiny pinch baking powder and salt.
- Add egg and mix into dry mixture.
- Add butter and chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Grease a tall, large mug, and place remaining ½ tablespoon melted butter and Honey Maid Graham Cracker crumbs. Stir until crumbly and press into the bottom of the mug.
- Pour ⅓ of the batter into the mug, and place 4, ½ Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallows into the batter. Top with remaining batter and smooth over marshmallow halves.
- Place in microwave on High for 1½- 2 minutes.
- Remove mug (careful, it's extremely hot!) and place remaining marshmallow halves on top (there should be 6 left).
- Place in the broiler to toast and finish, for about a minute, or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with remaining graham cracker crumbs and serve.
I grabbed everything I needed for the recipe at Walmart. They have a HUGE S’mores display to make your life easier.
I used the 6 pack of Hershey’s Bars – they are the perfect size for these mug cakes at 1.55 oz of chocolate per bar.