The Progressive San Diego International Boat Show is coming to Harbor Island, Father’s Day weekend! I am so excited for this amazing event! When I was a kid, I always loved heading to the Boat Show with my dad to check out all the awesome new innovations in boating fun and this year will be no exception! There are tons of awesome things to do, try, taste and see!
- Take exercise to the water at Try It Cove: Try It Cove challenges attendees to find out first hand why paddle sports are all the rage with a variety of free opportunities to get on the water, including Stand Up Paddling (SUP), kayaking and more.
- Learn to SCUBA: At the ‘Be a Diver Pool,’ dive into an underwater world in the comfort of a heated pool. Anyone ages 10 and older can learn how to scuba dive with a certified instructor – all one needs is a swimsuit to participate. The Diving Equipment and Marketing Association (DEMA) provides scuba gear, changing rooms and hair dryers. Participants can also get a photo taken underwater as a fun keepsake.
- Free sailing lesson aboard the Sailing Simulator, featured at the America’s Cup
- Tastes & sounds of summer: Visit the new floating Tiki Bar by Fiddler’s Green, Anchors & Ales Beer Garden or popular food trucks, plus a BBQ hosted by the Rotary Club La Mesa to enjoy libations and local cuisine favorites while listening to island/boat music from a steel drum band.
- Climb aboard a Vietnam War boat: Presented by the San Diego Maritime Museum, visitors can board and tour one of the historic PCF 816 Swift Boats used during the Vietnam War.
- Nautical Activities for the Kids: While mom and dad are shopping for the new family boat, little skippers can enjoy the Kids’ Zone, drawing their favorite nautical picture to take home as a souvenir, enjoy activities at Try It Cove and play bag “bait” toss at the Progressive Insurance booth for prizes.
- DIY clinics for the hand’s on boater: Back again this year is the Fred’s Shed Interactive Learning Center, a garage-like setting, to learn how to keep that boat in tip-top shape.
I am so excited that I will get the chance to go with my daughter and check it out before it opens and let you all know how amazing this event is going to be! So be on the lookout for my post – if you’re a boating enthusiast you won’t want to miss this!
San Diego International Boat Show
Thursday through Sunday, June 18-21, 2015
Thursday, June 18 and Friday, June 19–Noon to 7 p.m.
Saturday, June 20–10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Sunday, June 21– 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sheraton Marina on Harbor Island
1380 Harbor Island Drive, San Diego, CA 92101
$12 – Adults (16 years & older)
FREE – Children (15 years & under)
FREE with proper ID – Active military personnel, Fire and Police
Be sure to check out The San Diego International Boat Show’s Social Media pages for updates and sneak peeks!
Wanna Win Free Tickets?
I will be giving away 2 Tickets to the San Diego International Boat Show to one of my lucky San Diego readers! It pays to live in America’s Finest City! Just comment below about what you love the MOST about living in San Diego and I will pick a winner next week! It’s a $24 value, and you are going to love this event!