You know what ya’ll? This is the ultimate in basicness right here. A grilled cheese sandwich. But somehow, cheese and butter and bread – there is something about it that is just so perfect and comforting and delicious. But I probably don’t have to convince you of that! It’s Grilled Cheese Week around here, and what would that be without the most basic and simple of sandwiches? The World’s Most Perfect Grilled Cheese Sandwich!
When it comes to the simplest of reasons – The World’s Most Perfect Grilled Cheese Sandwich is just delicious. It’s easy and anyone with literally NO COOKING experience can make this. It’s pretty much fool proof and if nothing else, you could live on this sandwich alone.
Ok, so that might be sorta boring. But this sandwich is really legit.
And did I mention it’s simple? and delicious?
I’m not sure why I say this is the World’s BEST Grilled Cheese – other than the fact that this is how mom used to make it, and it tastes like your childhood and it’s soothing and maybe some people out there don’t know how to make a grilled cheese sandwich. I dunno.
All I know is, I like it and it’s the perfect go to sandwich on a cold day with a bowl of tomato soup, cut into sticks and dipped. I don’t even really like tomato soup all the much, but with grilled cheese… Oh my, oh my. Next time your kids/husband/roommate/best friend says “I’m hungry!” – make this.
- 4 slices of white sandwich bread
- 6 slices of American cheese
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Using a large skillet on medium heat, melt half of your butter.
- Place two slices of bread into the butter, and drag them around the skillet to mop up all the melted butter.
- Remove bread and set aside.
- Repeat with remaining butter and 2 slices of bread, but leave them in the pan this time around.
- Top each slice of bread in the pan with 3 slices of American cheese.
- Place reserved buttered bread on top, buttered side up.
- After a few minutes, flip the sandwich and toast remaining side until golden brown.
- Flip again and reduce heat to low.
- Cook until cheese is melted though.
- Remove from heat and enjoy!
See? Soooooooo simple and soooooooo good. Just like mom used to make.