This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KleenexStyle #CollectiveBias
So about 5 weeks ago, my sister became a mama! I always wondered if she would ever decide to have kids, and now that she’s got my nephew I can see what a great mom she always had to potential to be. It just suits her really well. Now, when you have a baby, someone usually throws you a baby shower, and everyone comes and loads you up with all sorts of gifts for the baby, and clothes for the baby, and toys for the baby, and items for the baby. But no one really thinks about the mama – I mean yes, those are all gifts for her for the baby, but none of them are specifically FOR HER. When you have a baby, you’re tired all the time, you barely have time to sleep let alone shower, or catch up on gossip, and your entire life becomes the focus of that tiny creature in your arms. It’s totally understandable, but come on now, new mama’s need some love too!
Look how cute my little sister is! Ahh! I can’t stand it!
I know how hard it can be, being a mom. I am a mom. I am a step mom. I am a wife. I put those who I love needs in front of my needs, like I said, I am a mom. I cannot tell you how wonderful it is when my husband comes home with a bottle of wine for me, or a box of chocolates or treats for me, or the girls make me a bracelet or card, just because. The TINEST gesture can make my entire week!
I know Mother’s Day is coming up, but that’s an entirely different set of gifts and ideas. I am just talking NEW MOM here. Giving a new mom a gift just for her that says, “Hey! I know it’s hard, but you’re awesome and wonderful and you’re doing amazing!”
I know you know someone who’s pregnant or just had a baby, and if you love that person, then let me help you gift them a great New Mama Gift Basket. It doesn’t have to be anything crazy or expensive, just something you know a new mom might need. This isn’t about showering her with lavish gifts, it’s about helping her out with some thoughtful items she didn’t know she couldn’t live without. It’s a DIY Gift kind of day around here!
New Mama Gift Basket
Here are some of my MUST-HAVES for a New Mama Gift Basket;
- Gossip Magazines – Seriously, the best in trashy info and it’s fantastic when you’re stuck on the couch with a baby stuck to you. You could also read a normal book, but it’s hard to concentrate on a great novel when you’re constantly tending to so many things. Gossip mags were my saving grace when it came to not having as many adult conversations as I used to.
- Cookies – My sister craved Nutter Butters like CRAZY when she was pregnant. So I had to grab her a box to help satisfy her cravings now. And come on, who doesn’t like cookies?
- Body Spray – Sometimes when you’re a mom, you don’t get a shower everyday – sad, but true – so body spray can be a LIFE SAVER when you’re a little ripe and expecting company. Plus not showering saves water, and we’re in a drought right now!
- KLEENEX® – When you become a mom, you cry at the drop of a hat. You look at your perfect baby, and cry. You watch a commercial about puppies and you cry. You hear a song and you cry. You remember what sleep used to feel like, and you cry. So KLEENEX® comes in handy, plus these KLEENEX® Betsey Styled Single Packs (74ct.) are super cute. My sister and I LOVE Betsy Johnson, so when I saw these, I knew I had to grab them. Who says your KLEENEX® box can’t be fancy?
- Nipple Cream – If you ever breast fed your children, then you know how important this stuff is. I don’t even need to get into it, but moms shouldn’t be without it.
- Breast Pads – Leaking in public is not cute. Breast pads for a new mom can be the best thing since sliced bread, since most of us had NO IDEA what we were getting into.
- Stretchy Headbands – Some moms cut off all their hair and go the “mom haircut” route. My sister is not like that, so cute stretchy headbands can keep flyaways at bay and help give you a bit of style and function.
- Sleep Aids – When you CAN sleep, DO IT! Sometimes it’s difficult to de-stress and get a catnap, so natural sleep aids are a great option. I knew I would lay down and had 100 things I needed to do running through my mind that I couldn’t actually rest. Until I tried some natural sleep aids. I was a lot less grumpy after that.
- Tummy Butter – Stretch marks, dark spots, dry skin, scarring, tummy butter was the best thing ever! Every mom can use this for something!
- Tea – In the evening, a nice warm cup of soothing, calming tea is just what the doctor ordered.
- Beauty Treats – Who doesn’t like a cute bottle of nail polish, or a new lip gloss? Just to remind yourself of the hot sexy thing you used to be (and will be again, I PROMISE!).
- Wine – This is pretty self explanatory, because wine.
- Protein Bars – A great snack to have on hand, in a diaper bag or in a purse for those times when breakfast, lunch and dinner gets away from you.
Head down to your local Kroger store – here in San Diego it’s Ralphs, and grab everything you will need for this gift basket! Check out all the great styles of KLEENEX® they have!
Right now they have a great promotion going on!
Available in select Kroger and Kroger banner stores. Purchase two specially marked packages of Kleenex® Tissues in one transaction at Kroger stores and receive a reward code valid for a $5 Visa Digital Rewards Virtual Account via text message between 4/1/15 – 4/30/15. Reward code must be activated by 5/31/15 and is void if not activated by expiration date. Virtual Account expires 2 months from the date of activation and will be void if not used by the expiration date. Virtual Account can be used online wherever Visa debit is accepted for digital content purchase(s) up to $5 and use governed by terms in Account holder Agreement https://www.activaterewards.com/Kleenex/terms_and_conditions. Digital content may not be available for all devices. No cash value. Not for resale; void if sold or exchanged. Cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Not valid with any other offer. Offer and Virtual Account valid only in the U.S., excluding U.S. territories. For full participation instructions, go towww.activaterewards.com/Kleenex. Issued by MetaBank®, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Digital Reward is powered by Fandango Loyalty Solutions, LLC. ©2015 Fandango Loyalty Solutions, LLC. All Rights Reserved.