This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SkinnyCowMoments #CollectiveBias
Wedding season is upon us! I’ve already done one wedding this year so far, and I have a few more booked this Spring and Summer. It’s in full swing! If you’re one of those people, like me, who like to DIY everything and are planning on DIYing your Wedding, then you’re in the right spot. This little DIY Bridesmaid Survival Kit is the perfect gift for your ladies in waiting, and a great gift to give the night before at the rehearsal dinner! You can pretty much pack them with ANYTHING you want, and make them as decadent and customizable as your heart desires.
Back when I got married I did something very similar, but I actually sewed some little makeup bags and stuffed them with treats. It was A LOT of work and way more than I should have added to my already “Stressed Out Bride” plate. I wasn’t obsessed with Subscription Boxes yet, so I didn’t have a bunch of perfect boxes laying around just waiting to be turned into something amazing. So if you’re a bride to be and have a ton of those nice boxes laying around unused, save them up and use them for this easy project! This is also a great way to use up product samples you didn’t use or want for yourself.
I mean, who doesn’t like getting a box of treats? You’d be crazy not to! And how cute are these little gifts? All you need is my free printable (below), a glue stick, a cute box, some ribbon and lots of little treats. I’ll go over my recipe for a foolproof Bridesmaid Survival Kit in a second.
Rigcht lick here (and open into a new window) to get the printable below as a full sized, high rez file then right click and save.
The boxes I used are the really heavy duty ones you get from GlossyBox, but seriously any box will work. They also sell these types of craft boxes online and at craft stores. I just used what I had on hand. If you want other colors you can find them online, or paint ones as well, but that’s adding extra work to a fairly simple project, and if you’ve got a ton of bridesmaids it could get pretty time consuming.
How To Make a Bridesmaid Survival Kit:
- Print the Bridesmaid Survival Kit printable on heavy card stock.
- With a paper cutter, cut down to the appropriate size for the top of your box.
- Using a paper crafting glue stick (so it won’t curl the paper) glue the card stock to the center of the top of your box.
- Fill the box with goodies and add a ribbon.
- Gift to well deserving girls in your life!
SO EASY! Right? I KNOW! And it’s so pretty and it’s so nice and I’ve literally done 68% of the hard work for you. So the next question is, “But Berta! What do I put inside my Bridesmaid Survival Kit?!”
Well lovelies, check it out…
Here are my recommendations, but the fact of the matter is that this box is a personal gift to people who you love and care about enough that you’ve asked them to stand next to you in a dress they will probably never wear again, and support you on the biggest day of your life thus far. So I say, indulge them! Give them something worth loving!
- TOILETRIES – Hit up the travel section of your local store and snag some cheapie basics! You never know when you might forget something and not be able to run back to the house or hotel room to grab it! Travel sized deodorant – to stay dry, pain killers – for aching feet and hangovers, dietary supplements – to stay well on the big day, and lotion – for dry skin! These are FANTASTIC things for bridesmaids who are worried about you and forget about themselves!
- BEAUTY ESSENTIALS – You can grab lots of mini makeup essentials at places like Ulta and Sephora! Nail polish – to match the wedding colors, mini lip gloss – to look on point all night, a rubber band – to tie up crazy sweaty hair during the dancing at the reception, other makeup must haves – for late night touchups! This is also a great time to hand off any beauty samples you may have collected that weren’t “your color” or style. Everyone loves mini beauty things!
- SKINNY COW SNACKS – I don’t know about you, but for real, nerves make me crave delicious, indulgent chocolatey goodness. I love Skinny Cow snacks because they taste AMAZE and I can indulge without having to worry about not being able to zip up my dress. Pop a few of these in their kits and you’ll have lots of happy ladies. I recommend the Skinny Cow® Blissful Truffle Candy Bars for a yummy indulgence – they come in both milk and dark chocolate, though I am partial to the dark myself.
- FRESH BREATH – With all the hugging and posing for pictures and shouting over the music, your breath better be fresh! Grab a few travel sized breath fresheners – floss, mouthwash and mini disposable toothbrushes, in case you stay out all night and have to make it to the farewell brunch in the morning. Might as well have a nice fresh smile!
- DAMAGE CONTROL – I can not stress this enough! Fancy shoes cause unsightly blisters, so bandaids are just the trick for helping keep that at bay. The laundry wipes will also help treat stains on clothes before they set in. Red wine is a real pain to get out of white! Yaknowwhatimsayin?
Or watch this silly little 15 second video!
Pack all the treats inside the box with some cute paper grass and add a little personalized thank you note about what makes your bridesmaid so special to you. You can even add a Wedding Itinerary or any other info your bridesmaids might need for your big day!
You can give these to the bridemaids the night before at the rehersal dinner, or have them set up in the bridal suite for when they get there to get ready and dressed. Whenever I do a wedding, I love to set up little snack station, with drinks and treats. You could set up a little breakfast bar, with bagels or fruit, the Bridemaid Survival Kits and a bucket of insanely indulgent and delicious Skinny Cow® Mocha Latte Creamy Iced Coffee!
With everything going on the day of the wedding, you’ll need some caffeine to get you through it! You can even stock the hotel room freezer with Skinny Cow® Vanilla Almond Crunch Bars! Indulgent and low-fat frozen treats for the walk down the aisle would definitely calm my nerves.
You can grab all these scrumptious treats at Walmart while you’re picking up all the ribbons and travel sized gifts for your boxes. Head to the candy aisle to grab the chocolatey goodness. The ice cream bars are in the frozen section as you might have guessed and the iced coffee can be found in the stand alone coolers near the front of the store.
Check out Skinny Cow on Social Media!