This #RespectURFeet shop has been compensated by #CollectiveBias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
So while the rest of the entire country is in what we like to call “boot season”, I am in Southern California with 80 degree weather (not to brag or anything, folks with snow already) and we are still in flip flops. Which means that around here is almost a requirement to have a standing appointment at the nail salon for your bi-monthly pedicure. Well, being a mom I don’t really get those anymore. No time to sit and relax in quiet for an hour to have someone sand my feet down and make them look soft and pretty for 2 weeks. Nope. I have kids. And I respect those women too much to bring my screaming darling snowflakes with me to the salon and ruin their alone time away from their kids.
So I do my pedicures at home. In the bathroom. With the door locked. Right after daddy gets home from work and the girls leave me alone for 2 seconds to change shifts and drive him crazy a bit. It’s a little bit of peace and quiet, save for the sound of me sawing away at my calloused heels. Flip flips 357 days out of the year will do that to you.
But I wanted to share with you guys something new that I just picked up at Target (You’ll find these in the FOOT CARE aisle, not the beauty aisle), and if you have the same issues as me, and some of you probably do (even you boot wearing, snow shoveling lovelies!) you might just love how awesome this is. The Amopé Pedi Perfect (Amopé means “Love your Feet” in Portuguese!) – a handy dandy little gadget that helps you respect your feet and keep those tootsies looking their best, without the commitment of the salon every 2 weeks. Because let’s face it, as much as a bi-monthly standing appointment at the nail salon sounds FANTASTIC, some of us just don’t have the time or energy.
I love it because it’s pretty much the easiest, no brainer thing ever. No more back and forth sanding motions, no more feet graters, no more scraping… just an easy gadget that you turn on, apply to your calloused areas to help buff away all that dry skin, leaving behind soft and smooth feet! I even love the Amopé Foot Cream for after use. It’s super moisturizing and helps keep me look like I just had a professional pedicure yesterday. There is nothing more embarrassing than wearing some cute shoes and looking down and seeing callouses and cracks in your heels.
I know I don’t talk about feet much on the blog, but honestly it’s just because I have never really had an excellent solution to share before now. This would make an amazing gift this holiday! The Amopé Pedi Perfect, foot cream, a pair of moisturizing socks and a bottle of polish would be the BEST gift to anyone who loves to pamper themselves, or needs an extra bit of TLC. It’s a great gift for new moms, and even a great present for your hard to shop for Mother-in-Law!
Here are some helpful tips for gorgeous tootsies all winter long!
- Moisturize every day! Keep the Amopé Foot Cream next to your bed, slather it on at night and wear socks to keep feel soft and supple!
- Use your Amopé Pedi Perfect twice a week to help keep callouses and cracks buffed out and smooth.
- You can never do wrong with a hot relaxing epsom salts and essential oil foot bath! Fill a tub with warm water, a cup of epsom salts and a few drops of your favorite essential oils. Lavender and eucalyptus are great for relaxing.
- Wear socks at home, especially if you have hard wood or stone tile. Not only will it keep your feet warm, but will help prevent extra callouses from forming.
- Change polish every 2 weeks, and let your toenails breathe between changes. Use a nail file to lightly shape the nail instead of clipping to prevent extra stress on your nails.
- Elevate your feet when you can to give them a rest. Healthy feet are happy feet! Ask your significant other for a foot rub!
What do you like to do to pamper your feet? Share with me in the comments below!
If you head down to Target before November 22nd, you can take advantage of the FREE $5 Target gift card when you purchase the Amopé Pedi Perfect. You can also save 10% using Cartwheel!